Thursday, September 29, 2011

Jollie's italian friend

You don't see much craft work like that......

Jolly's italian friend

check out the lugs!



Steel is real, feels different. I keep hearing this. And one of a bike brand stood out when I think of steel road bike, that's the brand Tomasini. I am a retro-heart type of guy and I remembered seeing this at Paul's room when I helped to bring his blue brompton downstairs. By some stroke of facebook fate, I was re-introduced to this brand recently by Jollie. 
This is Jollie's very beautiful Italian ride. His name is Tecno.  Jollie very generously let me tried afew laps around her place and we also rode around the near by PCN.  Oh my goodness... the bike feels great and fast. With my usual effort, I can get the bike up close to 40km and hold it there. To do that on my foldies, I would have to push super super hard.. and not be possible to sustain the speed. It is also not just speed but the way it handles. Very sure footed and easy to ride.. maybe to some riders they might say too "stable"... well for me, it just rides fine.  That night I dreamt of the bike and fun it would to be zipping up and down Mandai slopes. .. haha..  what a dilemma... oh gosh.. thanks jolly!  Funny how in the carbon fibre era we live in... Yes, steel is real! Try one and u will be pleasantly surprise! more goodie photos here

call me Trio...

2 comments:

  1. "Oh my goodness... the bike feels great and fast. With my usual effort, I can get the bike up close to 40km and hold it there."

    Really wonder how that feels like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin, as in life. We try it with an open mind. Nope it doesn't fold but it goes really quick and very shoik. Drink coffee everyday doesnt meant I can't try tea some times:) Good lah, try it some day!

    ReplyDelete