Monday, May 9, 2022

Bike Friday pocket rocket Swept bar conversion

I have had the Bike Friday Pocket Rocket for some years and its a great zippy bike which I took it to some memorable trips.  But now I find it too stretched and its getting harder to ride the road bars. Guess age is catching up and I find myself riding it less.  Also I realised I ride on the hoods like 97% of the time... 

And yes while I do like the look of BF pocket rocket with road bars.... it was not so comfortable to me now. 

Looking at my fleet of bikes, I realised the most frequently used ones are the swept back bars and so I decided to make the switch. Due to the folding nature of the bike, it required the cabling to be routed in a longer arduous way and it affected the STI shifting abit. So I decided to go back to the simple thumbies route... which worked all this time on my old other bikes.  Bike friday also had some trick part like the goose neck interrogate handle post.  I used a 35.4mm seat post, sawn off on the saddle mounting and tried it out. It works! The last few weeks was spent riding and resetting all the touch points.  Now its a zippy and comfy ride! 










No comments:

Post a Comment