Saturday, June 23, 2012

Rider Profile - Nick Wong


Nick with his NWT at Taiwan
Rolling down Mount Faber in Style
Core member of "team Orange" 
Yan tao or not? 
* Tell me about yourself (your day job and family)
Family - Youngest in the family........... with 1 bro and 1 sis......... the spoilt and pampered child....... who dun eat vege
Day Job - running around Singapore to improve the condition of State Land and State Property.........dealing with State Land maintenance, erosion, landslide etc
* How did you started cycling
When I was in Primary School, dad bought me my first BMX.....only ride at void deck of my house.......but got stolen then stopped cycling till 2 years ago bought another bike (Gary Fisher mountain bike)
* Why do you like cycling?
Cycling to kill time and keep fit.....just another hobby...... not much of commuting purposes
* When u met LCSG - how was it like and how u meet us
Me joined LCSG last year.......... I was visiting a backlane (for work purposes) at Gemmill Lane and got to know Lifecycle.......so being 'kaypoh' walked into that shop and kana 'poison' by Simon....... at that time I was still using my mountain bike..........Simon gave me your blog....so I went in and that's how I got to know LCSG
My first ride was Sentosa ride with LCSG (near my house mah........can cycle to Vivo)........ super tough ride due to the slopes........the first person I got to know was Henry........I was sooooo blur during that ride and Henry accompanied throughout the entire ride........I must say THANK YOU to him.......it's sad that he is no longer with us lah........got to know  Andrew Wan, Clarence....as we all using Gary Fisher during that ride
Second ride - Dragon kiln......me super on........cycle all the way to Lakeside MRT early that morning.......then after that ride I envy those riders with foldies......able to take mrt home unlike me got to ride back to Tanjong Pagar and was raining some more..........sigh..........so decided to visit Simon again.......it's time to get my own foldie!!!
Also feel honoured to be feature as banner guy in Penang Foldie Night Ride..... hee hee hee.......dunno why I was chosen........somehow kana spotted by the organiser after the Penang ride. 
* Your steel horses- names and more details.
1st bike - BMX - kana stolen...........long time ago
2nd bike - Gary Fisher mountain bike.........given to my sister to make space for my foldies
3rd bike - Dahon X10........... that's when I like Orange and Black combo....
4th bike - Bike Friday NWT......specially for touring use.......
* Your favorite cycling kakis
A lot leh........... I would say my neighbour - Derrick Tan...........very kind and helpful chap........got to know that we actually staying at the same block during Potong Pasir ride.......
* Your favorite cycling route and LCSG ride
I would have to say Taiwan Wuling!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was actually my third touring trip (after Kukup and Penang)........super well organised thanks to you and Encik and the rest............though I did not managed to  complete to the peak......some more first one to board the bus....but it's my biggest achievement so far........now looking forward for the Dec trip........never in my life I have use so much effort to climb that endless slopes.........(most of the time was pushing instead of riding....heee heee heee)
* Your feelings after and during organising LCSG rides
Ermmmmmm.............have not been organising any rides....(paiseh paiseh).......... so far only help in getting access cards to go up the roof garden of the Pinnacles during one of the City ride organised by Steven Tang.......
* Tips to share with fellow riders
Me a very 'loon joon' guy (clumsy in hokkien) in riding.......but always keep a safe distance and always be observant to the traffic condition..........
* Other things to share.. Life motto etc
 'Why make your life so miserable......... just be happy'

1 comment:

  1. The pic "Rolling down Mount Faber in Style" is awesome! I started with no commuting purposes too. But now I've been commuting my bike to everywhere!

    ReplyDelete