|Last Article for Zao Bao, thank you to my dear wife for the awesome translation!|
But kids will always be kids and they learn in their own way. That's thru play and if u make every ride fun... they will come back for more. A little trick I do with my daughter momo, is that I get on my Carry me and we play "Catch" that is to ride around, near to their speed and "chase each" other... sounds stupid but she loves it.. esp if she is the leader and she will bring me around the blocks and pillars.Enjoy the moment, even if the learning process is abit slow. And when the magical moment happens... you will be super happy! Happy cycling!
Quick tips to teach ur child
1) Get a bicycle, take out the training wheels and pedals.
2) Get safety helmet and gloves. Your child might fall but that’s part of the learning process. Dun stress.. .it happens. Stay cool.
3) Make sure the seat is low enough so that when he/she straddle the bicycle. Both the feet is nicely planted on the floor. This give him more confidence
4) Find a open space with no traffic. A void deck open area is fine. Get him to “run” with the “bike’ – sans pedals and training wheels. Play catch with him, get him to chase u and follow you
5) Keep on doing the session to about half an hour. Give him lots of encouragements and make it fun. Repeat for at least 4 weekend.
6) When u see he gets better with “running” with the bike.. ask him to lift his legs when in motion. This teaches him balance… but he doesn’t know it..
7) When he can balance with 2 legs up.. ask if he like to put the pedals back. Don’t press it too hard if he doesn’t. Keep it fun and keep the positive vibes on. Very soon ur child will ask to put the pedals back
8) Once the pedals are back on.. Keep the seat low so both feet it planted on the ground. Practise straddle and when the bicycle is moving, position feet on the pedal and crank. Dad can be at the rear, help stabilize the bike while he find the pedals.. and let him go. It will wobble but he should be able to crank afew time. Big applaush and high fives… your child would be smiling.
9) Ok, now keep practicing. And now learn how to stop. Learn by riding in a straight line and apply both brakes gently. Slowly increase the distance and duration. Lots of encouragments will help lots.